Obtaining the Upgrade Package
Once you're completed your 'upgrade preparations', you can begin to install the updated files.
- At this point, you can download the Exponent version package (NOT a patch file) for the version you want to upgrade to.
- There are several methods to get the updated files to your server, all of which are identical to the installation methods.
- You should already be logged onto your site as a super-admin to run the upgrade.
- Extract the package to your 'root' folder over the top of your existing installation
- the new files/folders MUST have the same permissions/owners as the old ones. They should be the same 'owner' as the web server and have a '755' permission. If they are in the same 'group', but NOT the same owner, you could try '775' permissions.