Running the Upgrade Process
Once you've completed your 'upgrade preparations' and installed the upgrade files, you are ready to begin the procedure. If you are logged on as a super-administrator and your system detects you are upgrading a current installation, you'll be notified and given a link to launch the "Upgrade" wizard. This process is no longer semi-automated as of version 2.0.4, but can be manually started by going to the install url (www.mysite.org/install/install.php), but you must already be logged in as a super-administrator to begin the procedure.
- The "Upgrade" process starts with this screen:
- Click on the"Continue to Check System Requirements" button to begin the process.
- You can click on the link to the left to display any changes between your previous version and the version you are upgrading to.
- Next, you'll be shown any issues with your web server. You may have to fix these issues to proceed.
- Click on the"Continue to Install Tables" button to begin the process.
- Next, you'll be shown any changes made to your database
- Click on the "Continue Upgrade" button to proceed.
- Next, you'll be shown a list of other things that need to be upgraded or at least checked before you can run the new version of Exponent.
- Some 'upgrades' are optional and will only be run if selected.
- Click on the "Run Upgrade" button to proceed.
- Next, you'll be shown a list of the upgrade results
- Click on the "Finish Upgrade" button to return to the web site.