Exponent CMS Documentation
In the guides on this site you should find all the information you need to make your Exponent CMS website hum. Whether you are a user, web site administrator, designer or developer you should be able to find all the information you need right here.
For the purposes of this site, we use the following definitions, though in the real-world they tend to overlap:
- An "Administrator" is one who configures and customizes the web site using the standard Exponent interface and dialogs.
- A "Designer" is one who configures and customizes the web site by editing or creating an Exponent "theme" or custom views inside the theme folder.
- And a "Developer" is one who configures and customizes the web site by editing or creating modules, or other aspects of the Exponent code. In most cases this work is done inside the custom theme, unless it becomes a contribution to the project
This site is also serves as the Help System which can be accessed from inside Exponent CMS using the associated help links.
If you're not sure what Exponent CMS is and its benefits as a web site content management system, then you can find out about it at ExponentCMS.org
The Developer API documentation can be found at api.exponentcms.org.
To get you started with Exponent CMS, we'd recommend you begin with these topics
- Installation (Getting Exponent CMS up and running on your web server)
- Getting Started (Using Exponent CMS to build your web site)