Installing the Package Using SSH
Many Site Administrators have shell or SSH access to their web server, but may not have 'git' installed. Though not as simple as using git, his method can be the easiest one if you are comfortable with using the command line.
- Shell into your site via ssh.
- Use wget or links, etc... to obtain a copy of the Exponent CMS package, preferably the most current release.
- Unzip the package to the web site root folder.
- The appropriate file and folder permission should've automatically been handles.
- Next move to the Create a Database step.
Parent Help Topic
Installing the Software
The first step in using Exponent CMS is to get the package or files onto your web server. There are several methods which are listed below....